Cleaning isn't bad, if you get the chrome bolt its even easier, but like any AR it takes times and patients. But what i love is that the barrel is easily removable, 2 bolts hold it in place but you get a torque wrench with the gun so its very easy only takes a minute.
IMPORTANT FOR RELOADING AND BUYING AMMO
For the best result if you do your own reloading use.
Hunting: Powder- 42 grain of Hodgdon Varget, Bullet- 30 cal. Hornady Interlock soft point, Boat-tail, 165 grain, Casing Reshape- (important or gun will jam) RCBS small base die and
There is a military version being made as well called the L129A1 which is currently being used by the British Armed Forces. It is primarily used in sniper squads and as a long range support weapon. In 2010 the British were using 440 of these rifles.
This gun is extremely popular right now. I bought mine back in jan 2012 and it took 6 months for it to arrive in the store. So getting one right now is really hard unless you have connections like i did. Currently it is sold out on there web store with a 1 year wait. You can view it here. LMT Store .308.
- Caliber = .308 (7.62x51 NATO)
- Effective range = 800m
- Max Range = 900m
- Mag capacity = 10 or 20
- 2 stage trigger
- Monolithic Rail Platform (MRP) 3, 6 and 9 o"clock rail.
- Rail length = 9"
- ambi selector, ambi mag release
- semi auto bolt carrier group
- Direct Gas Impingement (DI gas)
- weight is roughly 10 pounds (4.54 kg)
- Length 34"-40" depending on collapsable stock and barrel length
- Barrel options 16",20"with 1:10 twist. Chrome lined
- Comes with a SOPMOD buttstock, 3 panel rails, front and rear sight, sling.
- PRICE $3,000
Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
1305 11th St. W.
Milan, IL 61264
Sales Phone: 309-732-9527
Sales Fax: 309-787-2636
Sales Email: Sales@lewismachine.net
My LMT308 seen below. (20" barrel)
- Harris Bipod 1A2 6"-9"
- Harris Bipod Adapter 1913 picitinny Mount Weaver compatiable
- Tangodown Forward Grip
- Zeiss 6.5-20x50 AO MC Conquest, with mil dot
- American Defense Scope Rail mount (removable)
Hope this was useful to your purchasing decision
if you would like to see any gun review leave me a comment with the name of the gun and ill get on it. I will go out shoot, clean and test it for you.